With the rapid economic development and internationalization of China, more and more foreigners are flooding into China to pursue their "Chinese Dream", which has become a new trend of international migration. China, like a huge magnet, attracts foreigners of all colors to study or "look for gold" on this magic land. During your study, work and living in China, you may miss your family and send goods to your relatives and friends on the homeland. In China, the first choice for foreigners to send international parcels is China Post. Then, how to send parcels to foreign countries with the international service provided by China Post? Please refer to the following steps.
How to Send Parcels to Foreign Countries by China Post
- Prepare the items you want to send. If it is a new dress or something like this, remove the packaging and cut off the tags first. Otherwise, the customs may consider your parcel is for resale purpose.
- Go to a China Post branch which can handle the international service because the international service is not available in small offices. Tell the officer about your needs and then he/she will pack your items with a suitable carton. Note: most of the officers of China Post only speak Chinese, so ask a Chinese friend to go with you for help.
- The officer will ask about and inspect the items to be sent. Some articles are prohibited, such as wooden items, inflammable and explosive articles, certain chemical reagents, perishable meat, dishes and so on. → list of articles that are prohibited from entering or leaving China. Put your articles in the carton and ask the officer to seal with tape.
- The delivery duration varies with the postal methods. Of course, Air is the fastest, and you can also choose Surface or SAL. The faster category you choose, the more expensive it will be. So choose the most suitable way as per your needs. Please note that vaseline, unguent and other cream articles are prohibited in air transportation.
- Fill in the Dispatch Note correctly in detail. Remember that the Sender information is on the left while the Consignee is on the right. Fill the information in English. Telephone is the most important, so do not miss it either for sender or consignee.
- The officer will calculate the freight charge as per your parcel weight and the shipping way you choose. Note: the packing carton is also charged. Keep the receipt properly, take a photo and send to the Consignee if needed. In this way, it will be easier to receive you parcel by the Consignee.
Item A to G marked are required. See "User Notes" for requirements. Also, you can consult an officer there for help or follow the template provided.
How to Fill out the Dispatch Note
In general, the business hours of China Post branches are 9:00-17:00 from Monday to Saturday, off on Sunday. However, it may vary with branches. To be on the safe side, you'd better go there between 9:00 and 17:00 on workdays.
China Post Business Hours
You can call the customer service hotline 11183 in China to schedule a pickup, so that a carrier of China Post can pick up your parcel at your office or home. It is really very convenient. Also, you may call 11183 to inquire about its services, track your parcel status or file complaints.
China Post Customer Service
Questions and Answers
0 Answer(s) | Asked by Daniel | 7/18/2019 12:57:13 PM
0 Answer(s) | Asked by februarin350 | 7/18/2019 11:54:25 AM
0 Answer(s) | Asked by Ganesh | 7/18/2019 10:27:02 AM
0 Answer(s) | Asked by Julie | 7/18/2019 10:19:41 AM
0 Answer(s) | Asked by Steven Held | 7/18/2019 10:18:51 AM
0 Answer(s) | Asked by Duan | 7/18/2019 9:44:14 AM
0 Answer(s) | Asked by shaunc86 | 7/18/2019 7:03:27 AM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Felipe | 7/18/2019 5:42:57 AM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Venera | 7/18/2019 4:23:55 AM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Jord | 7/18/2019 3:38:15 AM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Geofreyngaga | 7/18/2019 3:14:33 AM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by 0141607 | 7/18/2019 2:32:27 AM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Davo | 7/18/2019 1:47:12 AM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by anhotman | 7/18/2019 12:22:55 AM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Linda Lim | 7/17/2019 10:20:11 PM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by RUSH94 | 7/17/2019 8:16:48 PM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Regina | 7/17/2019 8:02:16 AM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Inkxpenci | 7/17/2019 7:41:26 AM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Aditya Singhal | 7/17/2019 6:52:01 AM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Khrystyna | 7/17/2019 4:01:09 AM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Syed Abdul mateen | 7/17/2019 3:22:18 AM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Rick | 7/17/2019 1:49:36 AM
0 Answer(s) | Asked by Natalia | 7/17/2019 12:21:29 AM
2 Answer(s) | Asked by Cherif GUEYE | 7/16/2019 11:26:53 PM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Eleri | 7/16/2019 9:50:34 PM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Sam L Tuazama.jr | 7/16/2019 7:25:47 PM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Emmanuel nnajifor | 7/16/2019 1:28:17 PM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Eduarda Razzera | 7/16/2019 10:03:33 AM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Janch | 7/16/2019 9:12:54 AM
4 Answer(s) | Asked by David Lloyd-Jones | 7/16/2019 12:45:16 AM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by email@example.com | 7/15/2019 10:04:29 PM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Lata shah | 7/15/2019 8:01:33 PM
2 Answer(s) | Asked by Kurt | 7/15/2019 4:39:57 PM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Elgona9 | 7/15/2019 2:05:04 PM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by jaime | 7/15/2019 11:26:31 AM
1 Answer(s) | Asked by Fiona | 7/15/2019 8:00:32 AM
3 Answer(s) | Asked by wayne_s | 7/15/2019 7:01:07 AM