sending parcels to Doha, Qatar

Asked by mk49 | 3/9/2019 7:34:07 PM

Hi,
How much does it cost to send a 20kg parcel to Doha by air/SAL?
What is the weigh limit per parcel?
Thanks.

Daisy 3/10/2019 5:30:00 AM

SAL is not available to Doha. It costs about CNY 420 via Surface.
Weight limit per parcel to Daha is 20kg.

mk49 3/10/2019 6:40:03 AM

Thank you for the reply. I have more questions:
1. How about by air? How much does it cost to send a 20kg parcel to Doha?
2. How long does it take if I send it via Surface?
3. Is there a pick up service? Or do I have to bring all the parcels to the post office?
Thanks.

Daisy 3/12/2019 2:36:32 AM

By air, it consts about CNY 1200.

Surface usually takes about two months to be delivered and by air about 15-25 days.

You need to bring all the parcels to the post office.

mk49 4/7/2019 10:05:43 AM

Hi,
I went to a post office to send boxes to Doha by air. But they told me that I could send it only by surface since it had liquid and metal. He took all cosmetic things away so there weren't any liquid in the box and nothing metal except zippers on clothes and so on.

Is it really true that I cannot send a box which has liquid and metal even a little bit? I still have more stuff to send. And I'd rather send them by air.

He also told me that they cannot give me a fapiao. He gave me "receipt for POST Item" and he said he couldn't give me anything else. But I'm having a hard time to believe China Post cannot give customers fapiao.

So my questions are:
1. Any items I cannot send by air?
2. Can I get official fapiao from post offices?

Thank you.

Daisy 4/7/2019 6:59:54 PM

Doha by air is available. But if it contains liquid and metal, it could only be sent by surface.

China Post never provide Fapiao to customers.

mk49 4/7/2019 8:01:50 PM

Okay, thank you for your reply.
How about clothe/bags with zippers, for example? Can it still count as metal?

Daisy 4/8/2019 3:40:08 AM

I should be okay. You'd better go to your nearest post office to confirm. Different post offices may have different requirements.